Small weight loss, big gains!
Smoking and too much alcohol increase abdominal fat and the risk for diseases related to obesity. Vigorous exercise helps to reduce abdominal fat and decrease the risk for these diseases. The easiest way to check your body fat distribution is to measure around your waistline with a tape measure and compare this with the measure around your hips or buttocks to see if your abdomen is larger. If you are in doubt, you may wish to seek advice from a health professional.
10 amazing benefits of weight loss of 10% or more1. Weight loss lowers the risks of heart disease, heart attacks, and stroke.
2. Losing weight reduces the risk of developing diabetes and helps control blood
3. If you lose weight, it lowers the risk of sleep apnea, a serious breathing difficulty during sleep. Studies have shown that 10 percent weight loss reduces the risk of sleep apnea by 28 percent. So, even a small amount of weight loss goes a long way.
4. Weight loss lowers the risk of congestive heart failure. Excess weight puts stress on the heart and lungs.
5. Weight loss reduces the risks of many types of cancers including prostate cancer (Men), Breast (Women), Colon, Uterus, and many Genitourinary and Gastrointestinal Cancers.
6. Weight loss puts less stress on your bones and joints, especially the knees.
7. Losing weight reduces blood pressure. Even a small weight loss can help to lower high blood pressure.
8. Losing weight also reduces the risk of Alzheimer's dementia
9. Weight loss improves your ability to move and do activities.
10. And last, but not least, weight loss improves over 50 medication conditions and makes you feel better!
W8MD'S PHILADELPHIA WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM AT
POLY -TECH SLEEP SERVICES INCLUDE: